Talent development seen as #1 workforce challenge
A new survey of 400 employers by College for America reveals 71% of employers prefer developing existing employees into management roles rather than hiring new employees – but the lack of promotable skills is a major hurdle.
Employers evaluated which workforce issues are an “important” strategic challenge for them:
- Need to build talent & leadership: 94%
- Missing skills for promotion: 87%
- Hard to find well-qualified applicants: 85%
For answers #4-10 use the form to the right to view the full results, including data on workforce budget priorities, common tuition assistance policies, and more.
View the full results to learn about:
- Employer preferences for promotion vs hiring at different levels of their company
- Top internal budget priorities for talent development;
- How workforce strategies shift by organization type;
- How tuition reimbursement is used by employers;
- How employers view for-profit and non-profit colleges, and more.
Fill out the form to view the executive brief.